Co-operatives Act 2012
DFMC is governed by the Co-operatives (Adoption of National Law) Act 2012.
The objects of this Law are:
- to enable the formation, registration and operation of co-operatives
- to promote co-operative philosophy, principles, practices and objectives
- to protect the interests of co-operatives, their members and the public in the operations and activities of co-operatives
- to ensure directors of co-operatives are accountable for their actions and decisions to the members of co-operatives
- to encourage and facilitate self-management by co-operatives at all levels
- to encourage the development, integration and strengthening of co-operatives at local, regional, national and international levels by supporting and fostering state, territory and national peak organisations and co-operative instrumentalities.