In recognition of the hardships that farmers face during difficult climatic conditions, Dairy Farmers Milk Co-operative is pleased to offer active members the facility to secure financial loans to alleviate the pressures of operating farms under such conditions.
Following is a summary of the Policy Guidelines/Terms and Conditions. Full details are contained in the policy document and application form (click on link at bottom of this document to view/download).
Farms seeking loans for:
- Drought – an area that has experienced a rainfall deficiency outcome (e.g. a one in 10 or 20 years event) which extended 12 continuous months or more in the last two years i.e. the same criteria as applies for the Drought Concessional Loans Scheme eligibility in your State as administered by the relevant State Authority eg, Rural Assistance Authority or Department of Primary Industry (All Regions) ; or,
- Disaster –an area that is so listed on the Australian Government disaster website (Applies to all Regions)
- Post-drought – an area where the latest eligibility date for drought, as explained above, occurred within the last six (6) months or,
- Post-disaster – an area where the end date(s) of the disaster declaration occurred within the last six (6) months (Applies to all Regions) ; or,
- Water prices – where temporary median water trading prices have exceeded $200 per megalitre as detailed on the Victorian Water Register website (applies to Southern Region only)
- Post Water prices – where the date the median water trading prices last exceeded $200 per megalitre occured in the last six (6) months (applies to Southern Region only).
In all cases, the loan is to be used to fund the working capital and operational expenses of the dairy farm business, and must not be used wholly or predominately for personal, household or domestic purposes.
Additionally, the Co-operative has placed limits on the total loan funds to be approved both on an overall Co-operative basis, and per region.
If you would like more information about applying for a loan, please contact:
DFMC Share Registrar
Dairy Farmers Milk Co-operative
PO Box 4699 Casula Mall NSW 2170
Mobile: 0405 172 803