DFMC is providing an opportunity for our members to show off their photography skills and promote our dairy farmers as being among the best in the country. To do this we’re holding a photo competition where members (and their immediate families and staff) will get a chance to win prizes and have their photos published on our website and shared across our social media pages.
Members of DFMC including their current employees and immediate family (spouse and children) are eligible to enter the competition.
This competition will run from 1 May to 16 June 2017, with final submissions accepted up until midnight on Friday 16 June. Late entries will not be accepted. Winners will be announced on 28 June 2017.
1. People of DFMC
Photos of people, such as yourself, your family, your peers and other people involved in dairy.
2. Valuing the environment
Photos that include activities that help the environment.
3. Dairy landscapes
Photos of the dairy landscape including farms, fields and farm animals.
4. DFMC junior members
Photos taken by our youngest members. Only photos of those under 18 are accepted.
5. Caring for cows
Photos that show how the welfare of dairy cows is supported by members.
6. Love our brands
Photos that show how much members love Lion dairy products and brands.
Winners and prizes
After you submit your photo please share it across your own social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter and tag Dairy Farmers Milk Co-operative (@DFMilkCoOp) and use the hashtag #welovedairyphotos – how much attention your photo gets on social media will influence the judges.
A panel of judges – the DFMC Board Communications Sub-Committee – will determine the winners of each category. There will be one winner in each category. The judges’ decision will be final. Winners will be announced in a live video update on DFMC’s Facebook page at 3pm on Wednesday 28 June 2017 and informed via email. Winners’ names and photos will be published on the DFMC website and shared across DFMC’s Facebook and Twitter pages. The winning photographer in each category will have a chance to have their photos professionally printed with our prize of a $100 gift voucher for each category.
Conditions of entry
- Only members of DFMC are eligible, including their immediate family (spouse and children) and staff employed in their business. Those who are not members of DFMC are not eligible to enter.
- Images must:
- Be original – people submitting a photo must have taken the photo themselves.
- Be taken between 1 January 2016 and 31 May 2017.
- Be in their original form – this includes original meta data (such as location details), and size.
- Be unedited (cropping is an exception).
- Be a maximum file size of 10MB.
- Have a width or height (whichever is the shorter) of at least 3,000 pixels.
- Images must not:
- Violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure that permission has been given by all people featured in the photograph for DFMC to use and publish the photographs in which they appear.
- Upon submitting images to DFMC, all submitters give DFMC a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right to use the images, in good faith, in any form as they see fit.