The underlying principles of a co-operative are more inclusive than a private company. As a member, you share in the dividends and have a real seat at the table. You have the opportunity to become a ward representative or stand for a seat on the DFMC Board.
Our core purpose is to look after our farmers by providing value and security.
DFMC is passionate about a sustainable and thriving Australian dairy industry. It advocates best farm practice and adheres to all professional and farming codes and regulations.
What we offer
- Long-term, secure milk agreements
- Guaranteed milk off-take for all your milk
- Premium paid on 3 and 5 year contracts (for northern suppliers)
- Guaranteed premium paid above Murray Goulburn Domestic Incentive (for southern members)
- Financial loans to farmers in drought and disaster-declared areas
- Support for farmers to grow their dairy businesses in each region
- Sponsorship and support for country shows
- Marketing and communication activities to support the co-operative
- Policies that reflect best farm practice and animal health and welfare